Dave joined the church as our Senior Pastor in 2015 having previously led churches on the Isle of Dogs in London and in Morden, Surrey. Since becoming a Christian in his teens, (when God miraculously protected him in a fire), he has always been actively involved in church life in a wide variety of ways. This eventually led to God calling Dave out of his work as a barrister so that he could devote his time to serving the church. Dave is passionate about helping people to read their Bible and put their faith into action so that they might grow in relationship with God.
Dave is married to Christy and together they seek to serve God and the community in and around Hertford.
Nigel Hollingsworth, Church Secretary
Nigel became HBC’s Church Secretary in May 2016. He has been a member of this Church for many years during which time he has provided invaluable support and expertise in relation to all things to do with the fabric and maintenance of the buildings, and has served as a Deacon on the Leadership Team. Nigel is a Chartered Surveyor, and is married with two grown up children.
John Goligher, Church Treasurer
John has been a member of HBC for 15 years. Originally from Scotland, he has lived in many locations throughout the UK, and followed a career path within the retail sector. For a number of years John was a home group leader within HBC. He is married to Lorna and they have two grown up sons. Following his election to the Leadership team in 2010, John took on the role of Church Treasurer in 2013, and Finance Administrator in 2015.
Heather Read, Office Secretary
Heather is Hertford Baptist Church’s Office Secretary and has served in this role since 1998. If you call the Church, Heather is most likely to be your first point of contact. There is never a dull moment in her working day as she supports this busy administrative hub. She has lived in Hertford since the age of 4 and has worshipped at HBC since her early teenage years. Heather is married to Tom and has 2 children and 4 grandchildren who she loves spending time with.
Andy Collins, Church Administrator
Andy started with HBC in September 2014 to provide support to the Church Officers and Pastors. He is a Chartered Engineer with a background in electrical engineering, business management and administration, having previously run his own design practice. Andy is married to Rebecca, and they have two teenage children.
Link Deacons / Oversight
Members of our Leadership Team act as Link Deacons to provide oversight for the following ministries & activities:
- Administration Nigel Hollingsworth
- Alpha/Roots & Shoots Kim Hatfield
- Cross Links Caroline Davies
- Fabric Nigel Hollingsworth
- Finance John Goligher
- Health & Safety Graham Powell
- Home groups John Goligher
- Membership matters Nigel Hollingsworth
- Network Kim Hatfield
- PA & AV teams Phil Moysey
- Pastoral Oversight Group Dave Sunman
- Pastoral matters Dave Sunman
- Prayer ministry team Sarah Colligan
- Preaching team/programme Dave Sunman
- Safeguarding Alison Broomfield
- Seniors Ministry Caroline Davies
- The Hub & Sele Farm Christians Graham Powell
- Website Phil Moysey
- Welcome Carey White
- Women of Worth Caroline Davies
- World Mission Graham Powell
- Worship Leading & Musicians Graham Powell/Sarah Colligan
- Youth Ministry Kim Hatfield
- Children’s Ministry Tim Strong