Our ministry among adults with learning disabilities is called Cross Links and meets on the first Sunday afternoon of each month from 3:00-5:00pm at Hertford Baptist Church. Cross Links is for adults (16 years up) with learning disabilities, who want to have fun, food and friendship and who want to know more about Jesus and God.
Cross Links has been meeting at HBC for over 10 years and some of our favourite Sunday afternoon activities include singing, music, playing instruments, drama, arts and crafts, dancing, Bible stories, refreshments, worship and other fun activities – all in a friendly and supportive environment.
All of our leaders follow our Safeguarding Policy for Vulnerable Adults and hold a current Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Cross Links aims to:
- provide a social network with a Christian foundation
- include and involve individuals in worship and fellowship
- encourage participation in activities of ordinary life within the community
- support individuals to make an informed choice about Christianity
- enable individuals to express their spirituality.
We are not about recruiting Christians or putting pressure on individuals about their beliefs.